Anne Hathaway: "Fame F*cked Me Up For A Really Long Time"

Anne Hathaway opened up about her struggles with fame, which she admitted completely "f*cked" her up.


Hathaway, 31, was only 18 when she found huge success in the 2001 Disney hit "The Princess Diaries".

"This fame thing? F*cked me up for a really long time," Hathaway explained to Elle UK, noting: "I didn't know how to do it. I didn't know how to engage with it."


The Oscar winner revealed in the magazine's November issue: "It stressed me out. And people would say: "You just have to be yourself," and I was like: "But I don't know who that is yet!""




Now that she is older, Hathaway claimed she is focused on being more cool.

"The thing I've learned this past year is to chill out," Anne was quoted as saying, pointing out: "I think when you're young and struggling to find yourself, there's something alluring about the idea of being tortured."


Hathaway declared: "Life for me these days is a lot about letting the unknown be wonderful, and letting myself feel safe."




Hathaway admitted that Matthew McConaughey, her co-star in the upcoming movie "Interstellar", helped her to make terms with the unexpected when they were on set.


"The man speaks in poetry," Hathaway said of McConaughey, 44, recalling: "I remember once while we were filming, something got screwed up, and he said to me: "Look, we can get upset about this, or we can go with it and have a great story for the rest of our lives.""





Hathaway, who has had her fair share of haters, stated she has also learned to overcome the criticisms that come with being in the public eye.


"I've realized that don't need validation from anybody. At all," Hathaway went on, adding: "I'm not sitting here now worrying: "What do you think of me?" With all due respect, you seem like a lovely lady, but I don't need you, or anyone else, to like me. And that's so liberating. It's a big reveal, man."




"Les Miserables" star spoke out about her husband of two years Adam Shulman.


"The first year of my marriage was insane," Hathaway confessed, noting: "So much happened so fast, and we didn't get to focus on just being married until about a year in."









Hathaway added: "There was a part of me that I was keeping in reserve, and when I got married, something shifted…That question of: "How long's this gonna last?" is off the table. And when you're not worried about that, there's space to just be silly."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts