Daryl Hannah On Having Autism: "I Was Terrified"

Daryl Hannah revealed she was diagnosed with autism as a kid and struggled with her life for years.


"I've never been comfortable being the center of attention," Hannah, 52, was quoted as saying.



"It's always freaked me out," Hannah noted.

Growing up in Chicago, Hannah claimed she suffered from "debilitating shyness," as a result of the disorder.


Hannah admitted she would rock constantly, and still does, but has managed her autism better.




"I'm a grown up now," Hannah explained to People magazine, adding: "I've learned a couple of things that really would've made my life easier if I'd known them 20 years ago."

Despite her accomplishments Hannah confessed she hid her autism from film producers and refused to do promotional interviews or talk show appearances, "not because I was above it, but because I was terrified."

Hannah stated she felt the pressure of being in the entertainment industry, recalling: "I wasted so much time scared, self-conscious and insecure."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts