Katherine Heigl Mormon ?

Just in case you wonder if Katherine Heigl is mormon, the truth is that Heigl (full name: Katherine Marie Heigl) is mormon.  


In detail, American actress and producer Katherine Heigl, 34, best known for her role as Dr. Isobel "Izzie" Stevens on ABC's medical drama "Grey's Anatomy," grew up in a strict mormon family in Washington, DC.

When her older brother died in a car accident when she was just 7 years old, it was her family's religion that pulled them through the tragedy. "I give the Mormon church a lot of credit for helping (us) do that," Heigl told Vanity Fair


Heigl's conservative upbringing still affects certain choices today, but she claims she is too selfish to fully devote herself to the church. "I haven't been an actively practicing Mormon in years," Heigl revealed to the Daily Mail, adding: "I satisfy my vices instead of fighting them. I love being a sinner. If I start going back to church, I'd have to stop the smoking and drinking, and I wouldn't be able to curse any more."

When Heigl was asked if she still practices the mormon faith, she responded: "I haven't since I was about 19 or 20, when I moved to L.A. and was working a lot. I couldn't find a ward I was comfortable in. It kind of petered out mostly because of that. My good friends are Mormon, some of the best people I know".


It has to be noted that Heigl didn't date until she was 16, because of her strict mormon family.

"Part of it was the rules of the religion I was in, and the other part was my parents enforcing those rules," Heigl was quoted as saying, noting: "I really trusted my parents and believed they wanted what was best for me. I didn't always agree with everything they said, but I'd always defer to them."


"I haven't been an actively practicing Mormon in years," Heigl admitted, stating: "I still have a fondness for the Mormon religion and theology. A lot of my friends are Mormon."



Conclusion: Katherine Heigl is 100% mormon.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts