Britney Spears Quotes

1. The cool thing about being famous is traveling. I have always wanted to travel across seas, like to Canada and stuff.





2. I don't like defining myself. I just am.

3. Onstage I'm the happiest person in the world.


4. With love, you should go ahead and take the risk of getting hurt because love is an amazing feeling.

5. Just because I look sexy on the cover of Rolling Stone doesn't mean I'm naughty.

6. I go out with friends, but I don't have time to get in trouble.


7. Christina Aguilera and I are friends no matter what the media makes up.

8. I know not everyone will like me, but this is who I am so if you don't like it, tough!

9. Don't treat me like a little girl.


10. I dress the way I want. I don't pretend to be someone I'm not.


11. Every night, I have to read a book, so that my mind will stop thinking about things that I stress about.

12. I don't understand the whole dating thing. I know right off the bat if I'm interested in someone, and I don't want them to waste their money on me and take me out to eat if I know I'm not interested in that person.


13. When you're comfortable with someone you love, the silence is the best. And, that's how me and J. are. When we're in a room together, we don't have to say anything. It's for real.



14. I'm rich, freakin' rich. It's crazy


15. Everything happens for a reason. 



16. England is one of my favorite places. The fans are just so crazy.

17. I did not have implants, I just had a growth spurt.


18. I always wanted to be a singer, it's what I wanted to do since I was little. I'm doing it now and I couldn't be happier.



19. I can't go anywhere without someone judging me.

20. I don't like going out. I hate clubs. I hate being around too many people.


21. I don't really have time to sit down and write. But when I think of a melody, I call up my answering machine and sing it, so I won't forget it.



22. I don't allow anybody to change me. I still walk outta my house in rollers and I take walks. I do not care what people think.


23. I don't want people kissing my butt. If I had a bad show and I know it, don't tell me I had a good show. I hate that. I guess because I'm 17, people think I don't see stuff like that.


24. I find it so funny that people find me so interesting.


25. I don't want to pierce anything. I think it's outdated. Belly rings and all are, like, old.


26. I go through life like a Karate Kid.

27. I like meeting all my fans and signing autographs, although it can all get a bit crazy. Yesterday, for example, a boy just came over and planted a big kiss on my face! I was like: "Hello?"


28. I love Jessica Simpson. I love her voice. She's amazing.

29. I need to do psychology classes. That would be so interesting to me, studying people.

30. I remember I read this harsh review about my show, and one of my friends told me that this was the exact same stuff people said about Madonna. And it's like, she didn't care. Madonna just came out and was herself. I respect that a lot.


31. I still have a lot to learn - about the business, about music, and about myself. Its exciting.


32. I think it's an okay thing to express yourself.

33. I used to be a cool chick but I'm not anymore.


34. I want to be an artist that everyone can relate to, that's young, happy and fun.



35. I want to wait to have sex until I'm married.

36. I think with anybody who's doing well in the public eye or whatever, there's always gonna be a shift because people don't wanna see somebody happy all the time. And they're gonna try to take shots at people. (Dateline interview, June 15, 2006)


37. I went to a psychoanalyst. He explained things about my love life that I found very impressive…almost scary.






38. I wish my hair was thicker, and I wish my feet were prettier. My toes are really ugly. I wish my ears were smaller. And my nose could be smaller too.


39. I would like to be called an inspiration to people, not a role model - because I make mistakes like everybody else. When I'm offstage, I'm just like everybody else.




40. I'm attracted to guys who are really confident and make conversation.


41. I would really, really, really like to be a legend like Madonna. Madonna knows what to do next, and when she's performing, the audience is just in awe of her.


42. I'm so happy to be able to give kids the opportunity to learn about amazing world of dance and music that I've been lucky enough to make such a big part of my own life.


43. I'm not at the point where I'd feel safe in a house alone. I would be really scared. I'm the kind of person that when I get up to go use the bathroom I have this big long hallway, and I just know someone's going to jump out and get me.

44. I'm more straightforward, and I speak up more than I did before. When I was younger, I wouldn't speak up as much, but now that I'm a mom, things have changed.


45. I'm still the same person I've always been.

46. I've never really wanted to go to Japan. Simply because I don't like eating fish. And I know that's very popular out there in Africa.

47. Seriously, I have the best fans ever.


48. Justin Timberlake is everything, and what more could you want in a person? He's funny. He's cute. He's great. He just understands. I get him and he gets me, and that's cool.

49. Marry Prince William? I'd love that. Who wouldn't want to be a princess?


50. Sundance is weird. The movies are weird - you actually have to think about them when you watch them.

51. You'll never see it my way, because you're not me. (britneyspears.com 2007)

52. You know what? I need to create my own magazine. These people…I mean they want stories to sell and they're very good…I need to come up with my own magazine and say the real deal. (Dateline interview, June 15, 2006)


53. That's why I'm here right now, because I dreamed of these moments. Kids need that. If they don't dream, they have what? That's what makes you feel spiritual, connected with God. But don't take it too literally. Just watch the performance, be drawn in. And if you don't like it, change the channel. (Newsweek, Nov. 3, 2003)

54. Smoking, drinking, sex - why is it such a big deal for me? Everything in moderation. (People Magazine, Aug. 2002)


55. I wasn't the valedictorian. I was honor roll - I guess As and Bs. I played basketball, I was the point guard on my basketball team. Um, I wasn't the most popular girl in school. I just hung out…I loved English, I loved reading a lot. I loved biology, I thought that was cool. (hollywood.com, Feb. 2002)

56. I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and we should just support that. (CNN interview, Sep. 4, 2003)


57. I don't think I push my envelope. I think you go for things yourself and the way you really feel them. Like, it's going to come out sooner or later. It's exhilarating to express yourself and get the things out there that you want to say. Yeah, I think it is empowering. (interview, Nov. 11, 2003)

58. Who cares if I've had sex? It's nobody's business. Trust me, I'm not going to have a press conference to announce it. (People Magazine, Aug. 2002)


59. I've only slept with one person my whole life. It was two years into my relationship with Justin, and I thought he was the one. But I was wrong!…The most painful thing I have ever experienced was that breakup. We were together so long and I had this vision. You think you're going to spend the rest of your life together. Where I come from, the woman is the homemaker, and that's how I was brought up - you cook for your kids. But now I realize I need my single time. (hollywood.com, Jul. 9, 2003)

60. Marrying Kevin was the last thing I was thinking about doing. But then I said: "You know what? This is my life and I don't care what people think. I'm going to get married. I'm in love with him." I kissed a bunch of frogs and finally found my prince. I feel like I've found my happily ever after. (hollywood.com, Jul. 1, 2004)

61. One show was talking about how guys can have sex without love, so women can do it too? And I have girlfriends who do that. But I just really have to be into someone. If not, what's the purpose? (Elle Magazine, Oct. 2000)

62. My personal life is no one's business…but I can understand the infatuation. I mean, s - t, I'm a fan. Me with Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston. I'm like: "Oh my God. They are so cute!"


63. I love children. My ultimate dream five years from now would be to have kids, have a husband. (Newsweek, Nov. 3, 2003)



64. My prerogative right now is to just chill and let all the other overexposed blondes on the cover of Us Weekly be your entertainment. (official website, Oct. 2004)


65. Women complicate everything. (Dateline interview, June 15, 2006)





66. I don't want to say my biggest mistake - I don't want to tell the whole world that. Trust me, I've made plenty. But I don't regret them because they've made me the person that I am right now. (hollywood.com, Feb. 2002)

67. I would love to win an Oscar. (San Francisco Chronicle, Dec. 31, 2004)


68. This may sound weird but I miss traveling. I miss the road, seeing different places and being with the dancers and having fun. That feeling of being on the stage, knowing it's your best - I love that. I needed a break. I needed to be hungry again. (Hindustan Times, Feb. 17, 2006)

69. I still have my girlfriends that I grew up with. We went to day care together…we just feel comfortable with each other. We're honest, we're total goofs. (hollywood.com, Feb. 2002)


70. Yeah, I love ponytails. I'm a wash-and-go girl. But, oh yeah, I like to whip it.  (Harper's Bazaar, May 2011)





71. Sometimes I think I'm more comfortable onstage than I am in my own room. When I get onstage, it's kind of like your chance to let go and be something that you're not maybe. It's your time to dream. (Primetime, 2003)


72. If I met me, I would say a quick hello and then think that I was a really nice girl. (Harper's Bazaar, May 2011)

73. No matter what you do, at the end of the day you can't please everybody. I'm not hear to please. (Primetime, 2003)

74. Sometimes it's our secrets that define us.  (interview, Aug. 25, 2011)


75. I think everybody should be pro love. (Dateline interview, June 15, 2006)

76. (about her visit to the Playboy mansion) All I remember is seeing a bunch of naked girls and thinking: "I got to get out of here."

77. Chocolate for me is just like an orgasm.


78. I am for the death penalty. Who commits terrible acts must get a fitting punishment. That way he learns the lesson for the next time.

79. (about Deborah Gibson at the 2001 American Music Awards) She's the original bubble-gum diva.

80. (on her relationship with Justin Timberlake during the "MMC" (1989)) We were, like, 12 or 13 and it was like: "Hi, do you like me?" It was like puppy love.


81. (about the tour to promote her third album (released in November 2001) I really want this to be like shocking and in people's faces and edgy. It's just basically, you know, there's a lot of scrutiny with everything I do. And, it's basically saying that I'm not a little girl anymore and this is me. And just, you know, I have to do what I have to do for me, and that's basically the overall scheme of it, yeah.

82. (about recording a song with boyfriend Justin Timberlake for her third album) I have to say I was a little nervous at first. I'm used to producers going in there and it's like work. And, I go in and I work and I do my vocals and work. And, I thought that it was awkward at first because I was nervous recording with him doing my vocals, but then I just totally forgot that he was my boyfriend, and I just said "Britney, just do the vocals, don't be nervous, don't be retarded like this." But, it ended up being fine, actually. At the very end, I got the best vocals I've ever done.

83. Acting is so much fun. It is a different ball game and I want to concentrate on that at the moment. I'm really passionate about what I do. I love entertainment and telling stories to people and I am very lucky that I am doing what I want to do.

84. There are so many teenagers out there that dress more provocatively than I do, and no one says anything about them.


85. How can I explain this? I don't see myself - hand on the Bible - I know I'm not ugly, but I don't see myself as a sex symbol or this goddess-attractive beautiful person at all. When I'm on stage, that's my time to do my thing and go there and be that, and it's fun. It's exhilarating just to be something that you're not. And, people tend to believe it. I guess I just pull it off very well.

86. If I mess up, I'm human. If I have a drink or I'm with someone, I'm human. I'm no different than anyone else my age.





87. Selling 5 million records is still good. I don't want to get jaded thinking I have to sell 10 million every time. It's not about that.


88. When I'm under stress, I do yoga. It's when I'm happiest that I have a problem with junk food.



 


89. I suck at flirting. There's one thing I don't understand about Hollywood. How they have a relationship, end it, and go right into the next. It's hard for a woman in this industry. Either the guy's going to be really intimidated, or they're going to kiss your ass. I'm just a girl wanting a guy to love me.


90. I feel like a totally different person than I was two years ago. I feel like so much of my innocence is gone. I'm still me, but this business makes you grow up so fast.




91. Would you go into a CD store and steal a CD? It's the same thing, people going into the computers and loggin' on and stealing our music.


92. If I was to pick a cartoon character I am most like, I would say Daisy Duck, because she is very stubborn, she has a very feminine sense and she knows what she likes.




93. As an artist, I would probably go on stage and bump and grind with a dancer. In real life, never.


94. When I look into a mirror, I am very critical of myself. I see a goofy girl.




95. Tony Blair? I've never heard of him either. Who is he?

96. I can't sing the same kind of thing all the time. That would bore me.


97. I don't listen to anybody. Nobody can tell me anything. I'm stubborn. If somebody tells me not to do something, I do it. But I do listen to Madonna. For some reason I listen to her. I know that sounds really silly. It's nice to have somebody just to ask questions to. She's a visual artist and a deep artist as well. I like the way she thinks. I wish I could be inside her head. I like Madonna's career, and what she's done with her family.

98. I've got an amazing group of people around me and my family at home. If I don't make my bed and wash the dishes at home, I'm in trouble.



99. I'm not the type of person that can be cooped up in the hotel room being served all the time. I can't deal with that. I've got to do normal things.


100. Performing is what I like most. I find the studio very confining. You can do a lot in there, and you get the opportunity to try again and again. But on stage you have the adrenalin going and you've got one shot and the energy is so intense.

101. It feels like I've been dreaming this forever and then it happens and it feels like a whirlwind. I'm constantly traveling and I miss my friends.


102. Justin Timberlake was my first kiss. We were playing "Truth or Dare" and listening to Janet Jackson. I was 12. His friend dared him to kiss me, so that was my first kiss.

103. Bottom line: If you love yourself, it will all work out.

104. This is my dream come true. I can't believe this is happening right now. I can't believe I even have a movie. I feel very blessed to be where I am right now.


105. (on being photographed without panties) Anyway, thank God for Victoria's Secret's new underwear line!




106. (on why she has yet to tour Australia) I really love Australia, great place, but it's just so far away to go to for a concert, and that makes it hard - but I'll definitely take a course there for a tour next time. I'd really love to.

107. I'm usually all about the tight jeans and little T-shirt, but sometimes I want to put on a black, sequined dress and be a freaking girl.



What do you think of Britney Spears quotes?



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts