Shannen Doherty Quotes

1. Everybody deserves a second chance in this world. That's basically all I ask.







2. If I kind of like a guy, then I'm a fantastic flirt. But with a guy I truly like, I get painfully shy.

3. I realize that the majority of people in the entertainment business happen to be Democrats. I have no problem with that. And they should have no problem with the fact that I'm a Republican.


4. My inner child is not wounded. 







5. If God wanted us to be naked, why did he invent sexy lingerie?

6. Five minutes before I went on, I looked at my manager and said: "I'm going to get booed. I know it's going to happen. And you're responsible because you put me on here". It was horrible. I've never been more hurt in my entire life.


7. All my fans tell me what a glamorous life I have, but I tell them how hard I work and how many nights I spend alone with my dogs, eating chicken pot pie in my bedroom.





8. For a while I couldn't leave the house by myself. Even if I was just grocery shopping alone, I'd get self-conscious.

9. Have you ever felt like a phone call that's been disconnected?


10. I can't stand unpacking. 


11. I definitely lived my life like I wasn't in the public eye.



12. I don't think you should do things in your personal life differently because you're a role model.

13. I have never had anything done. I've been asked if I had breast implants. Whether I did or not, it's nobody's business but my own.

14. I realize it's probably best to keep my politics to myself.


15. I met Ashley two weeks before I married him. It was a joke-the most ridiculous thing I've ever done. Once I was married, I didn't want to be a failure, so I stuck it out for six months, which was about six months too long.

16. I still get nervous on dates. I'll be sitting at dinner with a guy and I have to excuse myself and go to the bathroom because I can't breathe.


17. I'm a conservative. I was an avid supporter of Ronald Reagan; I thought he was fabulous.

18. I'm from the South. I'm a Southern Baptist. I have a conservative point of view. I'm a Republican.

19. I'm not a violent person and I don't hit people.

20. If somebody wants to have plastic surgery, more power to them. I think there's a point where you go overboard.


21. That's something I go through every day - you know - Am I good enough to act?





22. There's not one cast member of 90210 who didn't throw a tantrum to two themselves.

23. This is a free country, and nobody should be criticized for their political beliefs. We're all allowed to have our opinions.

24. You just have to keep believing in yourself.


25. Whenever I get frustrated, I tell myself, you could be working at a 7-Eleven right now, so never take for granted what you do for a living.

26. Your life changes. Everything has to be done perfectly, and I didn't follow that. I lived my life as if I wasn't in the public eye. I thought: "I'm young. I have the right to experience new things, and if I want to go to a bar and get drunk, that's my prerogative."

27. Let me start by saying it wasn't like I walked out one day and said: "I quit." It was a very long process of quitting the show. Aaron got as fed up with me as I was with the show, and I think it was because the notoriety was too much. People were hating the character and I couldn't take the abuse that came with that. People couldn't separate me from her and I got sick of people assuming that I was as naughty and bad as Brenda was. It was all very hurtful. (Cleo Magazine, August 2000)


28. You know, as far as I'm concerned, whatever they write, um, is so - it's consisted of so many different lies that it's not even worth justifying it. (on the tabloid articles)



29. Even when I'm called in for an audition or anything, and even when I have to meet other actors/tresses, or be in front of the camera, I get goosebumps.

30. I've been very, very, very happily single since October - I ended my previous relationship, and it thrills me to no end. I'm just sort of hanging out and being a single girl and enjoying the moment. I think to just be a girl and have fun is so incredibly important. (commenting on the state of her life, February 2005)


31. To be a bitch or not to be a bitch, that is the question.

32. It's better to be the rejecter than the rejectee.

33. Jeffrey Lantos: Did you try to run over your fiancé?
Shannen Doherty: Look, I have good aim. If I really wanted to run him over, I wouldn’t have missed.

34. Once you have a good relationship with Aaron, he seems to want to work with you over and over again. And it is good because you go back into a situation knowing exactly what you are getting into. It makes it somewhat of a smooth ride.


35. That is in my nature, but it also comes with passion. I love my job, and if you have passion for what you do, you're going to get right back up.





36. At the time, my grandparents told my mom: "Lordy, what is Shannen doing?" Now I've calmed down. (on her reputation for bad behavior)


What do you think of Shannen Doherty's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts