James Blunt Quits Music

James Blunt reportedly waves goodbye to the music industry.










"I just want to take some time out for myself," was quoted as saying Blunt in an interview with The Daily Mail. "I haven't got any plans to do more songwriting. I have been chilling out since I finished my world tour and I've spent a lot of time in Ibiza."


It has to be mentioned that Blunt rose to stardom with his 2005 album: "Back to Bedlam," which featured hit tracks "You're Beautiful" and the aforementioned "Goodbye My Lover." The British singer began his music career after serving as an officer in the British Army's Life Guards, including completing a stint under NATO in Kosovo in 1999.

Blunt released two other albums after "Back to Bedlam," 2007's "All the Lost Souls," and 2010's "Some Kind of Trouble." While both were generally well-received, "Back to Bedlam," was far and away the most successful, selling 11 million copies and earning him five Grammy nominations including Best New Artist, Song of the Year, and Best Pop Vocal Album.


What do you think of James Blunt's decision to quit music?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts